Hdmi modulator

Thanks mate. It's a technomate hdmi modulator 2018 model. Was working ok up until a few months ago and gradually has become worse. Nano 3t box into this hdmi modulator, then to splitter to various tv's around the house, another thing that never worked was the tv aerial input for saorview. The modulator is supposed to combine that with the nano 3t signal and distribute around the house.

digi247

Sorry for the late reply i assume your Modulator is the revised edition and not an earlier model which did not have the db level adjustment included, on the revised models this was set to 0db and adjustable in the menu.

sounds like your getting too much signal level db to each tv especially if your sending it through a loft distributuion amp. the easy way to solve would be to fit an attenuator after the RF output from the modulator and before the loft distributuion amp.

Attenuators come in varying levels anything from 3db up to 18db and can be daisy chained to allow the level of reduction needed

Sorry for the late reply i assume your Modulator is the revised edition and not an earlier model which did not have the db level adjustment included, on the revised models this was set to 0db and adjustable in the menu.

sounds like your getting too much signal level db to each tv especially if your sending it through a loft distributuion amp. the easy way to solve would be to fit an attenuator after the RF output from the modulator and before the loft distributuion amp.

Attenuators come in varying levels anything from 3db up to 18db and can be daisy chained to allow the level of reduction needed
Hi
Does the db adjustment in the menu have the same effect as the attenuator

digi247

yes it does the same thing, the modulator already gives out quite a high sigmal level reading so i would try some attenuators to see if it fixes the problem, remember too low a signal will also exhibit the same