When?

Discussion in '4D Git Developers Server' started by digidude, Jun 4, 2014.

1. digidude Well-Known Member

As the title and the room name suggests really, when will the 4D git be available?
  2. manic01 Welcome to the final show

3. digidude Well-Known Member

bumpitty bump :)
  4. digidude Well-Known Member

and another bump

whats the point in having an entire section of the forum dedicated to something that doesnt exist?

can we also have a section for mermaids and unicorns :p
  5. digidude Well-Known Member

im a few hours away from having a pure PLi 4.0 image for the Nano2t Super (as well as the other TM receivers). only problem i have, is i dont own a nan02t-super to test it out on
  6. x 5

Do you got more info about whem this pure PLI4.0 image will be out??
    tanks..
  7. luxtter Administrator Staff Member

Teams preparing.it will be soon
    x 5 likes this.
  8. digidude Well-Known Member

the lack of a proper git, and with things constantly going wrong, like whats happened with all of the domain urls (again) makes an 'official' pli release impossible. technomate wont do the work that PLi require, 4D are 101% not interested in any form of official support, so its left to the end users. A pure PLi image would be around 35Mb in size. The 4Ds version will be at least twice that as it contains a whole shedload of unneeded code that ensures their images can work on many other receivers

compare the file sizes of the 4D image with the ViX image for an example of how bloated it is
    x 5 likes this.
  9. digidude Well-Known Member

Another month of nothing. the new 3T blatantly states 'open source' as the very first words on the top line of the specs on the box.........

The ONLY reason i bought a nano2-Super and a 3T-Combo is i was told the GIT was complete
  10. digidude Well-Known Member

as the vix feeds and downloadable updates are up and down as much as a hookers leggings, and the 4D image is bloated with stuff thats not needed for everyday use, and their feeds keep being lost due to URL 'issues' could this please be sorted out............
    mdt and manic01 like this.
  11. digidude Well-Known Member

another pointless bump thread :p
  12. mdt Well-Known Member

"technomate wont do the work that PLi require" says it all really imo..... surely if TM are serious about offering and supporting E2/LINUX stb,s, and by the current range for sale.....
    TM-Nano,TM-Nano 2 Super,TM-Nano 2T,TM-Nano 3T,TM-Twin they are then why cant they just pay whoever needs to be paid ect and stick openpli on their boxs at the factory.
    just my opinion of course and not meant to upset anyone,regards mdt
  13. digidude Well-Known Member

the people who ARE being paid make it as hard as possible for a pure PLi image to exist

a pure PLi image would be free, supported by 'the community'

I bought a 2T super and a 3T combo for the only reason i was told the git was ready, 2 months later, the 2T super still hasnt been out of its box, and the 3T combo has been plugged in to see the DVB-T side working, for me, they were a total waste of money, as i didnt buy them to watch, i bought them to create images for them
    mdt likes this.
  14. digidude Well-Known Member

Banging this same old drum again lol
    manic01 and FREEDAWEED like this.