TM5402HD M3 Issues

holmroad

Ok I realise manic01 will remind me that support has ceased for the M3 box, but just in case Phantom sees this post and CAN act upon it please, I have recently discovered the following M3 issues:-

1) YouTube search fails to complete properly
2) Daily Motion gives '\memory Error' and fails to complete selection
3) Veoh seems to fail to complete connection to server, but upon 'exit' it then finds a few vids
4) Dubai Media fails to connect
5) HS appears to connect but as reported elsewhere it stops after 15secs - but also no sound offered

Over to you Mr Phantom, sir!

manic01

Time at the bar please.
phantom was last seen: Sep 19, 2017
Promised a F3 super update on its way soon, that was Sept 19 22 days ago.

As you guessed heres my answer
You cant get support for the new F3 super, so older model and 3rd party sw no chance.
Also do you think Phantom really exists and does the patches? They are from korean engineers and will require payment.
As this is an old stb, I cant see any money being spent on it.
Just out of interest, did you really use Daily Motion /Veoh/Dubai Media /HS apps ?

Reminds me of a friend who said to me the other day, my wife cant live with out her daily fix of a certain channel any chance of getting it back.
I pointed out his cs ran out last year and she had lived with out it for over a year so far lol
Bit like Daily Motion /Veoh/Dubai Media, not worked for ages.

holmroad

I've recently gone back to my 'trusty' M3 mate - so thought I'd check those things out, especially after someone else had recently reported HS no longer working properly (maybe Donto?) and wanted to check for myself - albeit among a load of M3 options I'd never before tried! lol!!
So if Phantom (or even AN engineer) in Korea (lol!) is watching this thread as you implied, let's hope his cousins in the North aren't feeling too intimidating today??

holmroad

Ok mate, but simply offering TM some feedback on M3, whether they take any notice, which I truly hope they do, is obviously up to them - whoever they are!!!

holmroad

Is there ANYONE from Technomate hierarchy who can make a definitive statement here that TM are no longer offering any support for non-linux boxes for which they have done in the past so stoically and so much appreciated by we Technomate supporters and followers?
After all, we 'punters' have also supported/reciprocated TM by buying their trusty hardware - as well as by recommending them to others to purchase, all based on their reliability and world famous lasting qualities, thus adding to their reputation and sales - so don't TM realise what a treasure trove of quality they have been giving us all these years, only to be now faced with possible extinction, presumably at the expense of IPTV, etc., but don't TM recognise that these non-Linux boxes are ALSO excellent IPTV boxes too?
PLEASE TM reconsider, if what I am suggesting here is actually true, we miss you SO much!
PS: I have just dusted down my F3-Super trial box, which despite some teething problems also seemed to be very interesting to operate - TM seemed to choose to ignore and hope it would go away - sunk without trace!

manic01

Time at the bar please.
Imo there will be no more updates and more than likely no more satellites stb's ever again.
Read in to that what you will.

holmroad

I was maybe mega naively thinking that TM would maybe realise that they could be actually losing more than they may gain by totally pulling out?
Especially when certainly the TM5402HD range also deem to be good IPTV receivers too?
So best of BOTH worlds?

manic01

Time at the bar please.
It's over mate, much more powerful non linux multi functional stb's around now.
They were with out doubt the best supported non linux stb at one time and very good quality as well.

holmroad

Shame eh - I realise even Sky and BT have gone 'internet'/Wifi too - but personally, living in a bungalow, with 45-52mbps download speed via my IP, I have a 2TB box with 2 inputs ex dish lnb (presumably for pause, rewind, recording etc) and 2 mini 1TB boxes in kitchen & my bedroom, 2 booster boxes, allegedly to enhance the Wifi signal etc - yet they've had to put an Ethernet cable between the 'main' 2TB box in lounge and one of the boosters, in an attempt to obtain 'smooth' efficient operation of their new systems around whole house, yet it's actually rubbish, with regular dropouts and freezing up, ok, mainly in two mini box rooms! Oh how I miss the old Sky+ RF outs etc even in sd better than current performance.
Their engineer has now been 3 times in 12 months, with his Management System 'balancing-up' tablet and always leaves me with it balanced up & working, yet within days issues start again - I can see I'll end up with a totally hard wired system in order to obtain total satisfaction mate!
So IPTV on M3, wired through to any room I want, is so much more attractive? lol.

mdt

Can you message me your contact details please T as I can't message you, and before anyone asks I'm still alive. Just

digi247

Yep! still plenty of life left in other satellites and the buzzword now is DVB-S2X, i wont mention 2 other companys who seem to be cornering the market in this at the moment but one of them even has an Enigma2 with fully functional Blindscan working as good as closed source receivers.

TM would make a killing again in this market fingers crossed